Please help us guide our students in their career choices. During the past school year the ITA Advisory Board has worked on developing a meaningful Career Day that includes abundant one-one-one conversations about Careers in Technology and Technology in Careers. Please help us with our initial event for about 40 students on Friday, April 26th, from Noon to 1:35 pm, in the ECHS Small Gymnasium.
Please email Chris Merrida (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you would like to volunteer for this event. Some ways you can assist are:
- Volunteer for the panel to share your professional experiences in technology.
- Help with the breakout groups to answer questions and provide career guidance.
- Provide constructive feedback for our next iteration.
- Let us know you are interested and willing to help in the future.
The format of the event is as follows:
Initial session with all students (35-40):
- 5 min: moderator welcomes students and lays out format/goals for event. Panel members briefly introduce themselves: name, career, company, etc.
- 45 min: moderator-led panel discussion of 10-20 questions previously submitted by students and provided to panel members.
Breakout session with small groups (5-6 students and 1-2 industry professionals):
- 40 min: Industry professionals ask each student to describe their career goal; what are they currently doing to prepare for that career. One on one discussion with industry professionals offering suggestions, encouragement, questions, etc. to help each student achieve their goal.