We’re looking for more applicants that will become part of our internship program. Our youths have the option to join a year-round science education and youth development program that helps support STEM exploration and the college admissions process.
Through joining our program, teens have the opportunity to:
- Fulfill community service requirements
- Develop job skills that include public speaking and customer service, self confidence and leadership, adaptability and flexibility to manage multiple assignments under changing conditions, and the ability to plan, organize, and prioritize work.
- Learn about communicating science to the public
- Find a safe way and a place to socialize with other youth and build interpersonal relationships
- Enjoy the benefits of experiencing a work-related environment with Hall staff, UC Berkeley college interns, and other teens from all around the Bay Area.
Ideal candidates must be entering 9th grade or above and be able to attend the Mandatory Teen Orientation on Saturday, April 7, 2018 from 11:00 a.m.–2:30 p.m. Youth who demonstrate a passion for science, technology, engineering, math, or education and/or are interested in working with the public are particularly well suited for the program. We hope to serve as the critical difference in our youth’s choice or opportunity to pursue a STEM career and/or education.