Join us for the TeenTechSF Civic Hackathon @TheMixatSFPL !
Saturday Nov 14, 8:30 am – 6:00pm
AND Sunday Nov 15, 9:00am – 5:00pm
TeenTechSF is excited to partner with The Mix at SFPL for our first ever
TeenTechSF Civic Hackathon on November 14th and 15th!
“TECH FOR SOCIAL IMPACT”
2 days, 17 hours, 150 teens generating thousands of ideas
for tech solutions to civic problems!
Like all our events, the TeenTechSF Civic Hackathon is free, beginner-friendly, and open to all Bay Area teens. New hackers are encouraged to participate. We’ll have a special award category for first-time hackers! Mentors will be available to help students turn their ideas into reality using the cool, digital resources available at The Mix for coding projects, app creation, website building, video editing, sound recording, access to an interactive wall for collaborating and a 3-D printer for prototyping! The best civic hacks from the Bay Area will win bragging rights, some great swag, and the chance to participate in the TeenTech Civic Hackathon World Pitch at Salesforce HQ on December 5th!
Rules and Guidelines:
- Goal: Provide tech solutions for civic problems. Specific prompts provided on the day of the hackathon.
- Project can take any form (coding project, app, Arduino project, website, video, 3-D printer prototypes…) Friendly mentors available to help!
- Hackathon teams are made up of 2-5 students who must be 13-18 yrs old. Each student must register individually. We’ll record teams on the day of the event. Don’t have a partner yet? No problem – we’ll help you find one!
- Project must be original and new. Previously developed projects cannot be submitted.
- Don’t worry about fueling up for the hackathon: lunch and afternoon snack will be provided both days!
- If you don’t have access to a laptop, let us know and we will provide at least one per team. If you do have access to a laptop, please bring it so that we can make sure every team has at least one.
IMPORTANT: ALL STUDENTS MUST FILL OUT THIS FORM TO USE THE DIGITAL RESOURCES AVAILABLE AT THE MIX!
You have to fill in your library card# on the form. No worries if you don’t have one! Library cards are free and available to all teens. You don’t even have to live in San Francisco to get one! Get yours in advance at any SF library or put in “0” in as your library card# and get one at the event.
Since launching, we have connected 1400+ teens on 5 continents with more than 100 mentors from Apple to Zynga, including speakers and workshops on app development, coding, design thinking, civic entrepreneurship, game creation, global tech trends, professional networking, STEAM, social media, and venture funding.
For more about WHO WE ARE and WHAT WE DO, visitTeenTechSF.org
For the latest events and opportunities, LIKE the TeenTechSF Facebook page
For more info about The Mix, visit TheMixatSFPL.org
Please share this event with your friends and classmates.
No previous experience necessary. First-time hackers welcome!
Event is FREE, but attendees must register in advance.
REGISTER NOW — SPACE IS LIMITED!