The Horatio Alger Association scholarship application for high school seniors is open until October 25th. Eligible students can receive up to $25,000 for college by applying at scholars.horatioalger.org. This is a wonderful group that seeks to empower students through opportunity.
2017 Horatio Alger Scholarship Application Information
Apply at application.horatioalger.org from August 1 – October 25
The Horatio Alger Association seeks to provide scholarship assistance to deserving students who have demonstrated integrity, determination in overcoming adversity, academic potential, the personal aspiration to make a unique contribution to society, strength of character, and financial need.
The eligibility criteria to be considered for all Horatio Alger National and State Scholarship Programs are as follows:
- Be enrolled full-time as a high school senior in the United States, progressing normally toward graduation in the Spring/Summer of 2017 with plans to enter college in the United States no later than the Fall following graduation
- Exhibit a strong commitment to pursue and complete a bachelor’s degree at an accredited non-profit public or private institution in the United States (students may start their studies at a two-year institution and then transfer to a four year-institution)
- Critical financial need ($55,000 or lower adjusted gross family income is required)
- Involvement in co-curricular and community service activities
- Display integrity and perseverance in overcoming adversity
- Maintain a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.0
- Be a United States citizen
For more information, visit scholars.horatioalger.org